Network data is often collected from disparate sources and forwarded unrefined to operator decision making systems (OSS, BI). These systems themselves are typically siloed and unable to correlate that raw network data with a business logic that serves the best interests of operators and their customers. In this mode of operation, even the most routine operational tasks (e.g., check port status, get NE name, look for free slot) require human involvement, which is error-prone and time-consuming. No wonder many processes have a high fallout ratio.
Sedona NetFusion Analytics automatically turns raw network data into usable information for OSS and BI systems. It combines raw network data with OSS data, and then filters, consolidates and simplifies it so operators can make logical, business-driven queries using their existing toolset. For example, a simple query can quickly identify which customers will be impacted if a particular fiber is cut, or match “lost” alarms to inventory in order to reduce resolution time.
The Sedona NetFusion API feeds multi-layer, multi-source data infused with business intelligence to different operational systems, streamlining their operation and automating business processes. It thus supports data-driven decision-making that impacts the bottom line.
As part of the Sedona NetFusion Network Intelligence and Automation Platform, Sedona NetFusion Analytics gives you a simple 3-step approach to understanding with certainty where your immediate network efficiency opportunities lie, and how to make your network better serve your customers and your business goals.
Step 1: Collect and Analyze
Sedona NetFusion Analytics brings all your network data together in one central place. It then enriches raw network data with additional sources, including EMS/NMS and OSS data.
Step 2: Normalize
Sedona NetFusion Analytics combines, filters and enriches disparate data into a complete and consolidated network model that can be queried and analyzed by layer, domain, system, resource, and vendor. Every piece of your complex network is represented and accessible. Built-in tagging, time machine, cross-layer mapping and simple SQL help you isolate the data you want quickly and efficiently.
Step 3: Data Feed – API
Sedona NetFusion Analytics feeds current processes and systems with enriched and accurate data that can be used to improve and automate performance. OSS and routine workflows use simple APIs and SQL to consume reliable data and intelligence in real time from Sedona Network Analytics.
- NetFusion SHQL quickly creates easy-to-consume reports from complex datasets, using a dedicated query language built for simplifying the use of complex multilayer network constructs. Reports can be fed directly into organization BI, with no need for expensive ETL process.
- Metadata tagging of network objects and attributes facilitate fast, customized queries to view specific slices/sets of data.
- Time Machine keeps historical records of all changes in inventory and topology to enable fast failure detection and root cause determination, growth trends, anomalies and alerts. All available as simple APIs or SQL queries.
- Rich northbound APIs enable the enrichment of network data with operational data such as planned maintenance activities, and vice versa, providing OSS with a valuable network context.
- Infuse business logic with network and OSS data, to enable operators and stakeholders to make faster, better informed, data-driven network decisions
- Make targeted and highly effective improvements to operations efficiency and cost-reduction
- Introduce partial automation that will lay the groundwork for end-to-end automation
- Reduce operational failures and respond proactively to customer needs
- Reduce the need for human intervention and assure fewer errors
- Take a big step toward OSS consolidation