- Develop software modules and drive them from concept to implementation.
- Design and implement both server-side logic and dynamic web-based applications.
- Write high quality effective software following best practices and object oriented principles.
- Passion for coding and creative problem solving.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) is required.
- At least 3 years of experience building complex concurrent applications using Python.
- Up-to-date with the latest Python frameworks.
- Experience with one or more SQL database.
- Experience with Git and Linux.
- Exceptional Bonus if candidate has experience in IP and/or transport networks.
- Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success.
- Excellent communications skills in English (verbal and written).
We are searching for a talented and creative Solution Architect to join our UK team. As a Solution Architect you are expected to have deep knowledge of service provider networking and be able to work with Tier 1 service providers in a secure environment. We expect you to become an expert on Sedona’s products so that you work with the customer to ensure that they get the most out of our industry leading solution set. You will develop intimate familiarity with our product data, access and system requirements. You will be required to work day to day with Sedona’s customers to demonstrate our product set to its best potential, provide knowledge sharing and on-the-job training to our customers. You will be required to maintain and ensure the solution is operating to customer needs. You will ensure that customer feedback and product needs are accurately communicated to our sales teams and development organization .
- • Initially working closely with customer onsite (as well as supporting global customer workforce) to ensure Sedona’s products are exploited to their best potential within the deployment.
• Extending for other customers within the UK and potentially abroad over time.
• Be responsible for supporting installation and commissioning new solutions, s/w upgrades, configuration changes and rollout of new features within customer environment.
• Maintain production environment to ensure availability of Sedona’s products.
• Address trouble tickets where possible and funnel escalation requests to development organization.
• Lead technical conversations with customers on current capabilities and potential enhancements / new feature.
• Identify potential opportunities for new features and functions with customer in partnership with sales teams.
• Create technical presentation material that aligns with our messaging strategy.
• Be an advocate for customers within the product organization.
• Potentially support other deployments around the globe in a ‘follow the sun’ support model.
- • Must have strong working knowledge of IP and Optical networking (SP experience preferred).
• Python on a level that enables the creation and/or modification of basic reports.
• Fluent in the Linux environment, ability to easily manage and edit files.
• Must be proficient in: using vi, configuring IP Tables, SSH tunneling, Docker, Vagrant, Curl, Shell scripting, Crontab, process management.
• Must be comfortable using SQL for queries.
• Experience in applying software/automation solutions to networking problems is a major plus.
• Must be a creative thinker!
• Good project management skills.