This video records a trial performed at Verizon's lab in December, 2015. The purpose of the trial was to demonstrate the foundation for multilayer and multivendor control of IP and optical equipment.
Specific functionality demonstrated includes the following.
- Automatic discovery of the IP/MPLS and Optical layers
- Automatic discovery of crosslinks between the layers
- Multilayer provisioning of an IP link and the underlying optical path
- Automatic discovery of a change in the cross-layer mapping
- Ease of integration of a new vendor into Sedona’s multilayer NetFusion Discovery platform – Integrating ALU NSP controller in 48 hours